From the early discussions held between Cobbletons and Pixel, it was clear that this was not just “another estate agency” project. There were significant challenges in place and we approached this project with the aim of providing a visual platform that exceeded expectations, along with a back office system that provided Cobbletons with the foundations to run and scale their business.
Due to the underlying complexity of the project we (together with the client) decided to break the project into a few smaller sub-projects and sub sequent milestones:
Doing so allowed us to make sure that the project is moving forward in the right direction without causing unnecessary delays.
Each project is different and comes with its own unique challenges; Our process usually involves the following phases that have, so far, proved to be very successful:
Our design process for this project consisted of:
To begin our research we worked closely with Cobbletons and spent time reviewing information gathered during the initial discovery stage.
We then begin the research and brainstorming stage. Here we take into account competition, trends in the market, what sets Cobbletons apart, the future, the current brand, and the one they aspire toward.
Working with the Cobbletons we then started working on the wireframe ideas for various pages and elements of the system. At this stage, we were avoiding using colours, real photography and other styled elements. Instead, we focused on the user flow and the structure of the pages based on the website’s content and goals. This process quickly helped us get a bunch of initial ideas.
In the mood board, we included the visual references for the design (various examples of layouts, proportions, use of typography, use of photography, general feel etc.) that helped us to support the initial concepts. Our goal here was to get Cobbletons validation on the initial direction before we moved to the next stage.
After the initial visual directions has been set we. This is where the visual language/elements of the brand began to take shape.
Using information gathered in the previous phases we began designing various parts of the website and the layouts for the various screens of the system